Switzerland’s Largest Flight School’s Expands International Aspiring Pilot Outreach with Aviationfly
Established in 1985 Aero Locarno is a Swiss Approved Training Organization (ATO) located on the southern side of the Swiss Alps. The management team has a clear mission and vision for its airline-training-program oriented training organisation which includes training infrastructure such as Sonaca 200, Diamond DA40 and Diamond DA42 Aircraft as well as an MPS Boeing B737NG Simulator;
Mission – Delivering ATPL ab initio training based on competency since the very beginning, as already widely in used in the airline environment. To make it happen, Aero Locarno:
- Teaches solid airline SOPs and flows at every training level
- Carries out IFR training as line flying under supervision all around Europe, running real route sectors with “Pilot Flying” and “Pilot
- Watching” tasks, employing professional pilots only as IFR instructors on board of the latest generation of training aircraft
Vision – Becoming a key ATO when it comes to train professional pilots, focused on the training of a limited preselected number of cadets, up to 80 students/year.
Throughout the pandemic Aer Locarno has continued to grow and announced;
- Launching AeLoNet – a training ecosystem with its training partners such as Simulator Training Center Ansett Aviation Italia, European Pilot Selection and Training, Nordic Aviation Solutions, University of Applied Science of Southern Switzerland and others.
- Setting up a second training base and expanding its aircraft fleet
Aero Locarno is looking to continue to grow its international student pilot population and has signed up with Aviationfly for it to be listed on Aviationfly’s Flight School Directory.
Aviationfly is a digital platform which works with Flight Schools to connect them to a larger global audience of aspiring pilots – receiving over 90,000 website visits per month and having a database of over 60,000 aspiring pilots. To learn more about how to become a partner of Aviationfly click here.
Photo Credit – Aero Locarno
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2897 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.