UK Flight School, FTA Global, is Hiring Flight Training Planner & Scheduler
FTA Global, a Flight School located in the south of the United Kingdom, is looking for a Flight Training Planner & Scheduler. Please see an extract of the jobs post below.
The Flight Training Planner & Scheduler (FTPS) is responsible for all day-to-day flight training planning and scheduling activities across FTA. This diverse and interesting role takes the lead on creating and maintaining the master flight training schedule, planning and communicating student flights, test flights & deliveries, scheduling staff and allocating resources at FTA. A key component of this role is to maximise usage of the available resources (aircraft) and staff (flight instructors) as well as overseeing key stages of student training once students have started their course. An important element of this role is planning and evaluating future training needs and using specialised software to deliver management information which is vital to the continued growth of the flight operations. The FTPS reports to the Operations Manager.
The FTPS is responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining a master flight training schedule across FTA. Maximising use of flight instructors and aircraft as our students progress through their flight training.
- Coordinating with the Operations Manager and Chief Flight Instructor to adjust flight schedules reacting to changing planning & scheduling needs in real-time (instructor availability, weather, aircraft maintenance, etc).
- Managing the flight scheduling and planning software, ensuring that records and resources are accurately maintained, enabling FTA to maximise productivity.
- Using the FTA planning software to identify trends in training requirements, enabling FTA to adequately resource training delivery and forecast required resources.
- Liaising with new students, introducing them to the administrative processes for the efficient running of their flight training programme.
- Working with current students to manage their training schedule and maximise their progression through their training.
- Review and monitor students that are ready for skills tests/exams, sending notification to relevant authorities.
- Liaising with our training partners regarding upcoming training and arranging all external student training.
- Overseeing the night flying schedule each winter to ensure this is completed in a timely manner.
- Producing management information to identify trends and help grow the flight operations capacity.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Well organised, professional, and able to work under pressure
- Flexible, a problem solver and able to think on your feet
- An analytical mind with a proven track record in identifying trends and management information
- Approachable and professional with excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role – this could be in transportation or any large-scale planning or logistic project
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel are essential
- Experience in planning or analytics software would be advantageous”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: FTA Global
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3579 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.