US Simulator Training Center is Looking to Expand Simulator Technician Team
Florida, United States based SIMCOM Aviation Training, a provider of professional simulator training for a wide range of piston engine, turboprop, and business jet aircraft is looking to hire a Simulator Technician II. Please see an extract of the job post below.
“Summary Of Duties And Responsibilities
Position provides technical support services required to maintain flight simulators and other related training devices. Responsibilities include providing preventive and corrective hardware/software maintenance and fault diagnosis on training devices and related equipment. Regularly interfaces with customers, providing assistance in training device operation and resolving technical problems. Determine work flow for on duty Simulator Technician Level 1. Provide on the job training to the on duty Simulator Technician Level 1. While on duty, this position will be the main point of contact for informing scheduling about the status of the simulator.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs hardware and software analytical diagnosis and corrective maintenance on simulators and associated training media.
- Performs and/or installs configuration changes or other modifications of equipment under supervision.
- Execute diagnostics and applicable FAA QTG tests to assess and monitor simulator performance.
- Analyzes and repairs to either major assembly and/or required component level.
- Maintain communication with scheduling regarding the status of the simulators.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Responsibility For Work And/or Training Of Others
Conduct “on the job” training for entry-level technical staff.
- Knowledge of aircraft operations applicable to simulation, avionics and aircraft systems and operation.
- Develop an understanding of applicable FAA regulations and applicable technical standards for flight simulators and other training devices.
- Knowledge of electronics and ability to apply hardware/software diagnostic skills in systematically isolating and resolving simulator technical problems.
- Develop technical capabilities in all aspects of simulator systems to include visual systems, hydraulics/motion/flight controls, I/O and computer systems.
- Develop the ability to assist customers in operation of simulators and instructor station operation.
- Fully competent in conducting simulator pre-flights and preparation of training devices for customer training.
- 2 Year Technical Degree in Electronics Technology or related field and/or related experience.
- Completion of training program(s) on specialized training in a flight simulation related field
- Completion of aircraft ground schools and assigned internal training program
- 4 to 6 years in providing technical support on flight simulators or related equipment”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: SIMCOM Aviation Training
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3642 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.