American Space Flight Company, Virgin Galactic, is Looking to Expand Flight Simulator Technician Team
Virgin Galatic is looking for an experienced flight simulator technician to join its team. Please see an extract of the job post below:
“This position forms a part of VG’s Flight and Test Operations, under the Space Missions and Safety group. From time to time, the position may involve work at VG’s other locations in California, or elsewhere. The Simulator Technician will assist in the operation of VG’s simulators, their preparation, readiness and operation in support of practice, test and commercial flights, as well as other uses as required by other VG departments. The ideal candidate will be a great team member, will be familiar with the various factors and considerations involved in the maintenance and operation of flight simulators, and will also have some experience of the development of simulation devices.
- Operating the current flight simulators
- Supporting pilot training and engineering evaluations
- Ensuring readiness and availability
- Assisting in the coordination of sim scheduling
- Repair and maintenance
- Assisting with upgrading hardware and software, functional check-outs and software verification
- Introducing future flight simulators – assisting with the preparation, coordination, introduction and operation of new spaceship and mothership simulators, as they become available
What You Bring:
- Trade School, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Previous experience working in flight simulation
- Working experience with avionics or complex computer electronics
- Maintenance of computer network and IT architectures (hardware and software)
- Experience of complex repair or maintenance projects
- Knowledge of audio/visual systems
- Knowledge of aircraft operations”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: Virgin Galactic
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3579 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.