Australia Drone Delivery Service Provider, Wing, is Looking for Flight Instructors
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
Please see an extract from their job post below.
“Wing is seeking a Flight Instructor to join their Flight Operations team in Canberra or Brisbane, Australia. As a Flight Instructor, you are responsible for the execution of Wing’s flight training programs primarily focused on Australia but also supporting global operations of the Wing drone delivery system. The primary focus of this role is to train Flight Crew members to operate the Wing system. You will plan, coordinate, and execute the training plans for individuals or groups of crewmembers to prepare them to satisfactorily complete qualification checks. You will also play a key role in the development and validation of training materials, methods, and content for the Wing training system. In order to maintain proficiency and expertise, you will also function as a Pilot-in-Command (PIC) for Wing delivery operations on a regular basis. In this role, you will report to the Training Lead to support Wings focus on standards and compliance to safety culture.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct required flight instruction for all crew positions on the Wing UAS delivery system
- Maintain qualification and currency as a Wing Pilot-in-Command (PIC)
- Function as a CASA approved PIC when scheduled (around 20% of total effort)
- Develop training materials, methods and training syllabus used to conduct training
- Working with the Training Instructional Development Team provides SME expertise for creating learning module content
- Review lessons and provide feedback. Conduct practical simulator training events to qualify PICs
- Validate training material, support testing and evaluation to establish procedures, and collaborate as a subject matter expert (SME) with cross functional team members
- Plan, schedule and execute individual training periods and events
- Assess and document the performance of trainees during training
- Document completion of required and supplementary flight training
- Assist in the audit processes for the flight training program
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 15 hours of cumulative actual flight time (not duty time) of commercial beyond visual line of sight remote (BVLOS) pilot experience
- Able to complete Wing Flight Instructor qualification requirements within 60 days of start
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of aviation/flight manuals, training packages and UAS operations procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel as necessary within the Australia (20%) or internationally (10%)
- Private/Commercial Pilot License/ Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) or Prior Designation as a Military standardization pilot or instructor
- Certificate IV – Training and Assessment or similar
- IREX certification
- Familiarity with CASR Part 101 & MOS in relation to training, competency & currency
- Previous employment as a Flight Instructor for a commercial drone delivery operator
- Experience working in a growth oriented startup culture
- Driven self-starter and problem solver
- Practical training content or methods development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Pilot-in-Command of Wing UAS Operations”
To learn more about the job, click here.
Photo Credit: Wing
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3579 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.