Australian Flight School Basair is looking to hire a Safety Manager
Basair Group is shaping the industry of aviation education. With training locations across QLD and NSW, you can be a part of a skilled team committed to the continuous improvement of pilots in the skies with an emphasis on quality and safety. Basair Group includes Basair Aviation College for full time students, Sydney/Brisbane Aviators for recreational and part time pilots, UAVAIR drone training, Australia by Air Charter operations, and Eagle Aircraft Maintenance.
Basair are looking for an influential leader to oversee the management and continuous improvement of its Safety Management System while providing safety education and training to both its staff and students. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in safety management and high-level instructional skill. Ideally, you would also have experience within the aviation sector (commercial, defence, private, UAV/Drones, maintenance), but not necessarily have worked in safety within aviation.
You will be based at our Archerfield Airport campus in Brisbane or its Bankstown Airport campus in Sydney. Some travel will be required, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated with your manager.
In accordance with Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, the Safety Manager is responsible for:
- Managing the operation of the SMS including managing corrective, remedial and preventative action in relation to the system.
- Regularly reporting to the CEO on the effectiveness of the SMS
- Managing the maintenance and continuous improvement of the SMS
- Managing the maintenance and continuous improvement of the FRMS (where applicable)
- Develop the Safety Management Manual and related procedures as required;
- Develop, and oversee the conduct of, suitable Safety Management training
- Cooperate with the Head of Operations and Chief Pilot to ensure that:
- Due focus is placed on the development of Non-Technical Skills in all Pilot training materials,
- Human Factors are given due consideration in the development all operating procedures
- Safety is given its rightful priority in all Basair/AbA/Eagle/UAVAIR operations and training
- Support Base Managers in safety related matters.
- Produce Safety Communications.
- Coordinate and oversee all processes within the SMS ensuring that they are implemented, executed, and continually improved
- Ensure that the SMS performs its functions to meet CASA and WHS regulation requirements
- Monitor safety performance via SPIs, Internal Audits, External Audits, Stakeholders Feedback and Surveys.
- Lead Safety Investigations.
- Receive and process Event/Hazard reports in accordance with Just Culture and Reporting Culture principals.
- Produce a short Safety Report for each Board of Directors meeting.
- Provide Safety Reports to Safety Review Boards.
- Maintain and control SMS documents and records.
- At least 3 years Safety Management experience.
- Safety related tertiary qualifications at Diploma level or higher.
- Safety Investigation qualifications (ICAM preferred).
- Experience within the aviation industry; commercial, defence, maintenance, private, UAVs.
Employment will also be subject to assessment by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority to be delegated Safety Manager responsibilities.
- Experience working within a CASR Part 142 organisation
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Training/Teaching background
- Experience leading teams
- Drug and Alcohol testing experience
For more information, kindly check Basair job post here.
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2058 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK