California Flight School, Angel City Flyers, is Looking for a Chief Flight Instructor
Long Beach, California based Flight Training and Aircraft Rental organisation which is a Part 141 Approved PPL, IR, MEL flight school operating a fleet of Diamond DA40, DA42 and DA62 is looking for a Chief Flight Instructor. Please see an extract from the job post below.
“The Angel City Flyers (ACF) Chief Instructor Pilot is a member of the ACF leadership team who provides management over ACF’s entire flight training experience and will oversee all aspects of instructional standardization, airplane flight and ground instruction, safety of flight operations, quality of training and compliance with FAA Part 61 and Part 141 programs and applicable regulations. This position serves as an advisor and mentor to students, renters and instructors and a liaison between companies, clients and administrations to cultivate a productive Part 61 and Part 141 flight training institution.
Chief Flight Instructor Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for all duties and tasks outlined in the flight instructor position description, in addition to the core responsibilities outlined below.
- Interview, hire and supervise ACF flight operations personnel.
- Lead by example and manage the team of instructors to help them excel in their mission.
- Conduct phase checks for students progressing through courses.
- Conduct and maintain instructor proficiency and standardization checks and guide instructor progression within the company.
- Ensure flight instructors, flight training and flight operations are conducted in regulatory compliance and in accordance with the company Flight Operations Manual.
- Ensure all student records are kept current and filed appropriately.
- Ensure all instructors are fully qualified for the training or flight operation to be conducted.
- Develop and maintain Training Course Outlines (TCOs) and other course training materials with respect to applicable regulations and industry best practices.
- Update and maintain all flight training technical publications.
- Track fleet maintenance information associated with FAA 14 CFR Part 141 requirements.
- Provide guidance to instructors and CS team members regarding on-boarding processes to include TSA, Immigration and other internal and external compliance matters.
- Provide guidance to the CS team on communication and interaction with clientele regarding courses to ensure exceptional customer experiences.
- Leverage software, systems and procedures to track and optimize administrative functions.
- Identify opportunities in current and developing market arenas, and seek new market opportunities for business expansion.
- Manage and maintain adequate records and critical attention to detail for client, instructor and company compliance, including SEVIS, TSA, Chief Instructor responsibilities outlined in FAA 14 CFR Part 141.85 and other applicable regulations in accordance with all local and federal agencies and organizations.
- Audit compliance with student records requirements.
- Continually enhance safety and security for both facility and flight based operations.
- Plan and lead monthly instructor meetings by scheduling the meeting, preparing and dispersing agenda for each meeting to include updated procedures and other relevant topics, presenting to instructors and opening a forum for discussion among instructors.
- Work with operations management to resolve disciplinary issues among instructional team members.
- Coordinate with Aero City Group Inc. (ACG) management to implement best practices to reduce workload and streamline administrative systems and processes as applicable to the position.
- Support the ACG President and management team in executing all company directives.
- Work closely with the flight operations team and V.P. of Operations to set and implement policies, procedures, and systems and follow through with implementation.
- Communicate any changes in offerings, systems, processes, materials or teams to ACG.
- Ensure the condition and aesthetic of facilities, printed materials and equipment are appropriate to our aspirations and leading edge industry positioning.
- Supervise and delegate responsibilities to assistant chief pilot(s) and/or check instructor(s) as applicable and appropriate under local and federal regulations.
- Experience and skills required per 14 CFR Part 141
- Commercial Pilot Certificate or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate: Airplane Single Engine Land, Airplane Multi-Engine Land and Instrument Airplane
- Certificated Flight Instructor Certificate: Airplane Single Engine Land, Airplane Multi-Engine Land and Instrument Airplane
- 2,000+ hours as pilot in command and either (1) 3+ years and a total 1,000+ flight hours of instructional experience, or (2) 1,500+ instructional flight hours
- FAA 1st or 2nd Class Medical Certificate
- Knowledge of aircraft dispatch and basic maintenance procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or military veteran preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Willingness to travel between Los Angeles and San Francisco as required
- Passion for aviation, and our mission.”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: Angel City Flyers
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3579 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.