Canadian Flight School, Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre, is Hiring a Manager for Training & Instructional Delivery
Well known Canadian Pilot Training Organisation – Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre – is looking for a Manager for Training and Instructional Delivery to join its senior management team. Please see an extract of the job post below.
“As part of the senior management team, this full-time salary role will provide leadership and supervision to the flight instructors. You possess some blend of flight and teaching experience and must have a Class 1 or 2 Flight Instructor Rating. You have demonstrated leadership abilities to positively influence and build sustainable relationships at all levels, delivering quality across all programs while working with 50 flight instructors and three supervisors.
Instruction & Staff Management
- Ensures the training materials, resources and delivery methods meet or exceed Transport Canada and ATO requirements
- Develops a system and process to adequately track flight training, identifying and implementing remedial actions applied to students, instructors and continuously improving the course material
- Ensure that training delivery is in conformance and is always in a state of continuous compliance for audit
- Participates in the delivery of course programs
- Works alongside with the Client Experience team to assess that the quality of the training delivery is in keeping with WWFC education achievement benchmarks
- Ensures that instructors are accessible for students and available for emergency coverage to maximize fleet utilization, sickness and absences as much as possible
- Works in cooperation with the Chief Flight Instructor in the recruitment and training of flight instructors
- Responsible for the training and coaching, performance management, support and evaluation of flight instructors to ensure they are performing at a high standard
- Owns the overall development and maintenance of WWFC’s flight training programs, and ensures the quality of the content, and the delivery and teaching material incorporate world class practices
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the training syllabus and curriculum for each training program (private, commercial, multi-engine, instrument, instructor etc.,)
- Develops and implements long-term goals and objectives to achieve successful outcomes of each program
- Establishes appropriate metrics to provide strategic insights and measurement of effectiveness and areas for improvement within each program
- Ensures that each program complies with all relevant CARs, legislation, and professional standards
- Maintains Transport Canada Manuals to reflect established practices and procedures that should be adhered to
- Manages program development costs within budgetary guidelines
- Chairs the Program Committee comprising of the Chief Flight Instructor, Manager, PCC Programs and direct reports in the program delivery
- Contributor to the student retention key performance indicator for the Client Experience group
- Maintains strong communication and ties with the Chief Flight Instructor to facilitate ongoing discussions and engagement
- Researches, recommends and manages initiative to ensure continued operational excellence
- Demonstrates the Company mission, vision and values statement, policies and current standard business practices.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma with a concentration in training and development
- 5+ years relevant experience in a similar capacity or preferably client services environment
- Class 1 or 2 Flight Instructor
- Valid Class 1 Medical
- Knowledge of flight training, program management and curriculum development are essential
- Strategic management skills (planning, organization, financial)
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal skills – diplomacy, tact
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills”
To learn more about the job to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3598 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.