European Flight School Unveils New ATPL Course
The Spanish flight academy Quality Fly launched its new 2022 ATPL program. The course has been designed to ensure the highest level of competency to fly in the most demanding airlines across the world and to prepare the students for real-life circumstances; the new program includes not only the latest and future EASA requirements, but innovates including 40 hours APS MCC in an A320 full flight simulator level D, gliding training sessions, unlimited access to a controlled training simulator, night flights in multi engine airplane, career advice, online campus and digitalization of flight preparation.
This innovative training is designed to achieve the highest standards including both technical and non-technical skills, such as: Upset prevention and recovery; Decision making and failure management; Threat and error management; Situation awareness training; Complacency awareness development. Finally, promoting a professional airline environment in terms of demandingness and communications, obliges the student to incorporate senior professionalism and achieve a clear understanding of the pilot role.
QualityFly has additionally announced strong interest in enrolments with the bookings for April already complete, which confirms the current high demand for pilot training (demand levels are already exceeding 2019).
”EASA is continually striving to make the European ATPL license the best option for a commercial pilot training. Proof of this is how over the last years we have seen new requirements as the introduction of PBN, APS MCC, KSA, mandatory UPRT, etc. This didn’t only make full sense to all of us, but it was an indication that there is a lot to continue improving. Therefore, instead of just adding these new components, we decided to go one step further restructuring the whole ATPL integrated program to achieve the most innovative program to match what major airlines are looking for.” says Rubén Matesanz, A320 captain and partner & co-founder of Quality Fly. “Our training includes all the latest and future EASA requirements such as UPRT, CB, TEM and KSA, but also uncommon features such as APS MCC with 40-hrs in an A320 FFS, gliding training sessions, unlimited access to a controlled training simulator, night flight in Multi Engine Piston aircraft, among other improvements. All these attributes ensure the highest level of competency for the most demanding airlines in the world.”
All the new developments:
- ADVANCED UPRT – Theoretical and flight training providing flight crew with the required competencies to prevent and recover from abnormal situations in which aircraft unintentionally exceed normal flight parameters, thus improving airmanship.
- 40 hours of APS MCC in an AIRBUS 320 FFS LEVEL D – The Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) phase is designed to train pilots in an airline environment. Our APS MCC doubles the hours of a standard MCC, greatly increasing the preparation for an airline simulator assessment. Thanks to its official Airbus Data Package, Full Flight Simulator Level D provides the most realistic recreation of cockpit environment, scenery, aircraft handling, feedback, inertia and behavior, making it feel like a real flight on an AIRBUS 320. It is the only device that enables you to perform important manoeuvres such as Upset recovery, Asymmetric flight or Alternate Law. Other Full Flight simulators might lead to missing out on crucial parts of you training. Quality Fly’s APS-FFS training includes 4 hours more than a typical A320 Type Rating, and fulfills more than 80% of its objectives. It is performed by airline pilots with the highest possible certification: TRI/TRE – Type rating instructors/examiners
- GLIDING – It is becoming more and more common for airlines to add gliding sessions to their training structures in order to improve handling skills, and thus counteracting automation effect. Quality Fly includes 3 flights of Basic Gliding in their training program, as well as theory classes. This module will allow to experience one of the purest forms of flying, allowing you to perfect your in-flight technique or even discover manoeuvres that will be later practiced in the advanced UPRT. Again, airlines are known for recognizing this type of experience during interviews.
- 100 – KSA – Standing for Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes, KSA is a “teaching concept” where the ground instructor does not only teach theory, but includes practical lessons and questions relating to each subject.
- Controlled Training – Students have unlimited access to a practice simulator preloaded with scenarios based on all six phases of the ATPL program. Each scenario can be repeated until the student has attained the required proficiency. Both aircraft and flight controls are representative of those in the training fleet, as well as the B737 and the A320. This concept is called “controlled training”, and it is being introduced by airlines such as Ryanair as an extra tool to maintain and enhance pilot competencies.
- Night flights in Multi engine airplane – For increased assurance and training quality, the Night Flight is performed in a Twin Engine.
- Master & Unlock and end-to-end follow up & tuition – Each phase and its set of skills is only tackled once the preliminary ones are mastered, ensuring that no deficiencies are found in later stages and that students acquire the needed habits. The introduction phase needs to be completed successfully to start flying, internal exams need to be passed before sitting official exams, etc. The needed support is provided to ensure the student has the right progress. Detailed follow-ups are given by the instructors at each stage. Weekly tuition reinforcement sessions are given to ensure all learning is mastered every week.
About Quality Fly
Quality Fly is a flight academy based in Cuatro-Vientos airport, Madrid. The academy holds a highly international profile with 100% English training and students of more than 35 different nationalities. Quality Fly is committed to operational perfection with a brand-new fleet, professional management, fully digital processes and effective systems, allowing the school to offer high quality training while maintaining a highly competitive price. The fleet comprises new generation aircraft with glass cockpit for high efficiency and maximum safety.
For more information, kindly contact QualityFly.
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3660 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.