Fast Growing Central Asian Airline, Fly Arna, is Looking for a Manager Flight Operations
Armenia’s new Airline Fly Arna, which is linked to one of the Middle East’s leading low cost carriers Air Arabia, is looking for a Manager Flight Operations to be based in Yerevan – please see an extract from the job post below.
“Fly Arna is Armenia’s national airline and a joint venture company between the Armenian National Interests Fund (ANIF) and Air Arabia Group. Based in Zvartnots International Airport (EVN) in Yerevan, Fly Arna follows the successful low-cost business model operated by Air Arabia that focuses on offering comfort, reliability, and value-for-money air travel.
About the Role
As a nominated “Post Holder” by the General Department of Civil Aviation of Armenia (GDCA), the job holder shall lead and manage Flight Operations functions of Fly Arna. This includes:
- Safe, reliable, and efficient handling of Fly Arna flights in compliance with GDCA/ICAO/AOC regulations and the Airline’s objectives; optimal utilization of resources and financial control through managing manpower, budget, systems, and contractual agreements with a focus on Legality, Safety and Security, On Time Performance – OTP, and Human Factors.
- Support the management in achieving the strategic direction and development of the Flight Operations in Armenia in line with the Airline’s standards; participates in the planning and decision-making process for new initiatives, projects, policies and procedures related to operations. Defines the corresponding action plans and monitors performance accordingly.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- A320 Captain with valid Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) is a must for this role. TRE/TRI rating is preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Aeronautics/Management or equivalent from a recognized university is an advantage.
- Training in safety and emergency response.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations related training is a must.
- Training in IATA principles & standards relating to security and human factors, are highly desirable.
- Professional membership of associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry is a plus.
- Proficient in Aircraft Systems and Microsoft Office tools.
- English Proficiency Level 5 and above required; other languages is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in Airlines industry, 8 years of which in the Flight Dispatch or Operations; must have 5 years at least leading the Flight Operations of a multinational mid-sized airline company.
- Prior experience as Post Holder in a commercial airline will be an advantage but not mandatory.
- Previous Management experience in Flight Operations, Training & Standards will be an advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge in IATA/ CAA/Airbus and Regulatory Bodies’ rules and regulations.
- Experienced in designing and implementing policies, procedures, manuals in line with standards and regulations.
- Hands on forecasting, budgeting, and monitoring performance KPIs of business initiatives in aviation.
- Exposure to Quality Assurance, Safety, and Security audit procedures and practices affecting Flight Operations.”
*Please note the AFM Team is currently deploying resources to share pilot training industry vacancies to help individuals find work and organization fill roles in order to ramp up operations. You can find all vacancies here and can subscribe to our weekly pilot training industry update to stay up to date with the latest developments, trends and opportunities here.*
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: Fly Arna
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2897 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.