Florida based Epic Flight Academy is looking to hire a Powerplant Mechanic Instructor *Signing Bonus included *Generous Salary *401(k) and Health Insurance
Epic Flight Academy is looking for energetic Powerplant Instructors with a vision to pioneer a new Aviation Maintenance Technician School in New Smyrna Beach, Florida The AMTS will offer a general airframe and powerplant (A&P) course to help with the growing demand of aircraft mechanics and technicians that will be occurring over the next 20 years.
This position will be full-time, offering health benefits, 401K, paid time off, and holiday pay. Generous salary commensurate with experience. We also offer a signing bonus based on experience.
Work schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Instructors may have to work some Saturdays to facilitate student make-up or to participate in the school’s open houses or other events.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Must have a valid Powerplant certificate
- High School Diploma required or Post-Secondary Degree preferred
- Must have 3 or more years of hands-on experience in aircraft maintenance, (consideration will be given for more diverse experience, i.e. military)
- Prior instructional experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications
- Should be capable of developing, evaluating, revising, and enhancing training curricula
- Should be adept at designing course objectives and curricula structure
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet
- Must work well within a team environment
- Should be a self-starter and able to work unsupervised in an educational environment
- Must have regular attendance and punctuality due to the fast pace and curricula.
- Should have strong organizational skills
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short notice
- Should be able to manage stress and be flexible in changing fast pace environment
- Attention to detail and willingness to settle for nothing short of excellence (Safety first!)
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and other ethical standards
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable subject areas including: Math, Physics, Basic Electricity/Electronics, and Powerplant Systems
- Conduct classroom lectures using an approved lesson plan
- Assist instructors and students in the shop/laboratory to facilitate hands-on learning
- Coordinate shop project, keep inventory of equipment/supplies, and ensure serviceability of training mock-up and repair as required
- Ability to crawl, bend, kneel, climb, stoop frequently and the ability to lift 50 pounds
To apply, email Phyllis with your resume and contact information.
For more information, kindly contact Epic Flight Academy.
You may check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 1976 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK