Global Flight Simulator Training Center Operator and Manufacturer is Seeking Simulator Technician
FlightSafety International, one of the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations, is looking to expand its simulator technician team at its Toronto, Ontario, Canada training center. Please see an extract of the job post below.
“Purpose of Position:
Maintain and /or repair flight training devices (FTDs) in accordance with Regulatory Authority requirements and company standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities: The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs more varied and difficult aspects of the job; may need some guidance on job duties; applies learning to recommend options to address unusual situations.
- Perform standard Simulator support activities such as: installation, operation, inspection, periodic maintenance (align and adjust), of Simulator components and systems
- Perform Customer configuration changes to Simulators and FTDs, evaluate and confirm proper post change operation.
- Able to quickly identify, troubleshoot, repair or replace most of the Simulator and FTD electrical and sub system components and most hydraulic system components with little to no assistance.
- Exercise judgment and independence in determining solutions to maintenance and repair problems, and otherwise carry assignments through to completion,
- Monitor Simulator(s) performance and condition to ensure that equipment continues in compliance with governmental regulations;
- Able to accomplish scheduled portions of the Qualification Test Guide (QTG), check and mark test results as required, and participate in recertification procedures for the FAA.
- Exhibit an understanding of the SAP system and the inventory management process.
- Must be familiar with all governing regulations required by the various approval authorities for the proper operation of all FTDs, the facility, and the safe employment of personnel.-Initiate or assist users (DOTs, PMs, instructors, clients, etc.) in the use of ePodium when creating a Simulator Discrepancy Report (SDR).
- Must be knowledgeable of all Simulator Support, Quality Operating Procedures (QOPs), and related documentation.
- Participate in inter-shift briefings, reviewing the shift log, and shift pass downs; reviewing Simulator Logs, and maintaining email communication.
- Make recommendations to the Lead/Sr. Lead Technician or the A/MFTD concerning needed parts, acquisitions, or other material used for FTD repair and support, or other Centerprojects.
- Adhere to required work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
- Report on a timely basis, any safety hazards observed in work area, equipment, and/or building to the appropriate person(s) for correction.
- Support the Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Business Processes.
- Support Learning Center Management System (SMS)
- Occasionally travel for training purposes or to assist other Centers, as needed.
Associate’s degree in electronics from a college or completion of a civilian/military electronics technical school preferred
- 2 years experience, including:-Electronics technology, avionics or related civilian/military technology; or equivalent direct experience with simulators or other FTDs
- Read and interpret technical drawings-Use test equipment, support equipment and tools used on flight simulators, graphical flight simulators (GFSs) and associated electronics devices
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the advanced operating principles of simulator and FTD subsystems.
- Education can be substituted by a combination of three (3) years education and experience in a related field.”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: FlightSafety International
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3579 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.