Global Pilot Training Group and Simulator Manufacturer is Looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager – Middle East
L3Harris Commercial Aviation a global pilot trainer and simulator manufacturer is looking to expand its team including hiring a Regional Sales Manager for the Middle East. L3Harris Commercial Aviation recently won a number of full flight simulator acquisition contracts in the region including one from Pakistan International Airline and one large contract with Prince Sultan Aviation Academy. Please see the job post below;
“We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for business development and sales delivery within a defined geographical region for L3Harris Commercial Aviation Sector’s (CAS) worldwide products and services. This role is fully remote but the candiate must be geographically based in the Middle East/Africa region.
The successful candidate must have the competence and conscientiousness to build sales capture strategies to meet and exceed the CAS sales target through the sale of the CAS products and services portfolio in their region. They must be exemplary team players and be able to set accountabilities for themselves and within the team whilst holding others to account for their commitments. They must be able to create a performance driven culture within their team and have the grace and interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate others to exceed expectations. They will have the proven ability to manage and build relationships with C-Suite representatives of airlines and training centers. The candidate is expected to be self-sufficient and work under limited guidance to exercise strategic and independent judgment and self-direction in managing priorities and have the ability to coordinate and fulfil competing goals, tasks, projects and customers simultaneously. International travel will be as required in the role.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- To lead a sales team and deliver the CAS regional orders, revenue, EBIT and FCF targets for their region and CAS through the deployment of a consultative selling capabilities and leadership
- To report and forecast the quarterly and annual sales outcome for their region and identify and assess all risks and opportunities against their targets
- To be aware of the geopolitical and macro-economic impacts on their region, be outward looking and acutely aware of competitor behavior and activity in their market
- To be able to construct compelling bid proposals with cogent and credible capture strategies and PTW analysis. The capability to identify the customer benefits of a bundle product and service proposal using the CAS portfolio to discriminate (in terms of value) to customers
- Seek and hunt out new and repeat business opportunities, by building strong customer relationships and anticipating the customers’ requirements
- Coordination and compliance with Bids & Proposals processes for customer Requests for Quote (RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI) and preparing responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Ownership of capturing 95% of all opportunities and maintaining the quality of data in managing the sales pipeline within the CAS CRM system
- Ownership of maintaining of the inputs for their region into the CAS Source of truth (SoT) tool to achieve accuracy of forecast within 5% within the quarter and 10% within the year
- Managing cross-functional/cross-company stakeholders in bid preparation, building proposals and securing financial approval.
Ensure that revenue and order intake targets are achieved or exceeded on a quarterly and annual basis for all products, services and integrated solutions
- Assist and input into negotiating purchase agreements
- Optimize cash collection and propose payment schedules to achieve maximum cash within the quarter
- Openly demonstrate a passion for customers and a will to win in a competitive market
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by responsible manager
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in the Aviation industry is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or must possess equivalent industry experience
- MBA is helpful
- 9+ years related experience in sales and services including customer facing experience
- Must have experience with selling commercial-off-the-shelf (“COTS”) products & aftermarket services to airline and OEM customers
- Ability to effectively manage all stages of the sales cycle (forecasting, matching solutions and value propositions, developing solicitations, requests for information, source-approval-requests, bids & proposals, building customer rapport, negotiating and ability to close the deal)
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Vizio, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook are required
- Commercially driven and energized sales professional who operates with a sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Demonstrated and proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets through effective prospecting, relationship building, problem solving, solution development and negotiating
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal, must be very articulate
- Must be a high energy, resourceful and a creative thinker
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced excel and analysis skills to identify market trends
- A skilled presenter through use of PowerPoint in the presentation of bids
- Experience of bidding development programs such as data analytics services
The chosen candidate will work within a matrix organization with local divisions’ (Phoenix, AZ; Grand Rapids, MI, Burnsville, MN, St Petersburg, FL and Crawley, UK, Bangkok) cross-functional teams providing leadership in the implementation of the growth strategies for the commercial market including, account management, pricing recommendations and tactical activities. Domestic and international travel is required (40% travel). Position reports to Regional Sales Director, MEASA, CAS”
To apply for the role please use this link or contact L3Harris Commercial Aviation directly.
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2445 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.