Global Simulator Training Group AFG is looking for a Flight Simulator Technician
Avenger Flight Group, the global pilot simulator training group with simulator training centers in North and South America as well as Europe, is seeking an experienced Simulator Technician to join its growing company at its largest Flight Training Center, located near the DFW Airport – Texas, United States.
Simulator Technicians are responsible for the smooth day to day operations of flight training devices. They are responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of complex computer systems and critical hardware used by pilots and flight crew. Technicians often act as the first line of defence when a trouble call comes in from a customer.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform complex, but standard technical tasks including diagnostic, preventive, and corrective maintenance
- Utilize QMS to record and track maintenance activities
- Perform pre-flight and post-flight checks to ensure operational status
- Perform visual alignments
- Run QTG tests and evaluate the results
- Assist with refurbishment and hardware modifications
- Exercise initiative in applying and adapting procedures to address both regular and unusual problems with the training devices and associated systems
- Communicate with customers in a timely and professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction
Preferred: Minimum of 2 years of flight simulator experience
Desired (not mandatory):
- Building / Assembling computers
- Experience with hydraulic control and motion systems
- Familiarity with AST/Singer Link machines a plus; specifically Evans and Sutherland (E&S) Visual Systems and Nighthawk Hosts.
- Proficiency in the use of various types of test equipment and hand/specialized tools.
- Familiarity with Linux, networking, IT troubleshooting, and creating backups.
- Familiarity with Super C-Bus and DMC 16 IO systems.
- IT experience can be used in lieu of other technical experience.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Familiarity with avionics and flight operations
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work any shift in a 24×7 operation.
For more information, kindly check out the job post.
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 1938 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK