Popular Aviation English Service Provider Launches Improved Language Assessment Platform
UK headquartered and globally known Latitude Aviation English Services – a popular aviation english service provider to flight schools and airlines has shared that it has launched a revised version of its Checkpoint speaking assessment solution.
This follows an ESRC-funded collaboration with Lancaster University last year, in which Latitude Aviation English Services developed, and trialled a revised version of the checkpoint speaking assessment resulting in the following enhancements:
1. An increase in available response time to 11 minutes
2. A new integrated listening-speaking task engaging higher-level language skills
3. Tasks capable of eliciting communicative functions typically required at flight school from CEFR A2 to C1
4. Revised task specifications to ensure greater equivalence between versions
5. Updated, clear and informative candidate familiarisation videos
6. Optimised conditions for candidates to perform at their best:
> Separation of speaking from listening and reading to enable a break in assessment
> Re-worked assessment structure, format and rubrics to facilitate candidate engagement.
Together with the listening and reading assessments, the revised Checkpoint speaking assessment gives Latitude’s customers a more comprehensive measure of the English language skills that aspiring pilots need for successful flight training.
You can read the full report here.
Source: Latitude Aviation English Services Announcement
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2374 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK