US Airline Owned Flight School is Hiring an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor for its Base in South Carolina
United States Regional Airline, Republic Airways’s Flight School LIFT Academy is looking for an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor. Please see an extract of the job post below.
Assists in leading Part 141 ground and flight instructors. Conducts stage checks, end of course checks, and provides ground instruction in accordance with Part 61 and 141, FAA regulations, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operations, and LIFT Academy policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs facilities tours and familiarizes customers with LIFT Academy’s policies, procedures, and flight training courses.
- Performs flight instructor, and check instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations, and as designated by the chief flight instructor in accordance with the approved Training Course Outline.
- Reports on student progress and accurately maintains and updates all appropriate records.
- Audits student records, preforms student enrollments, and graduations as designated by the chief flight instructor.
- Ensures that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by all assigned students as required by the Training Course Outline.
- Monitors the maintenance condition of the training aircraft, and informs LIFT maintenance personnel of any questionable items.
- Recommends and develops curriculum and courseware improvements when appropriate.
- Attends administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned.
- Manages a team of flight instructors.
- Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential employees. Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Specialty training beyond high school in FAA and/or Airline Transport Pilot certificate.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Airplane Single Engine Land: Airplane Multi-Engine Land, Instrument
- At least 1 year of experience as a flight instructor, and 500 flight hours
- Must hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Must meet the minimum requirements for an ATP or RATP certificate.
- Meet the current hiring minimum age and flight hours requirements set by the FAA and Company.
- Must have full knowledge of all curriculums authorized to teach.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and in flight.
- Ability to teach and perform well in classroom setting. Computer skills are required.
- Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures.
- Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and related administrative and operational procedures and requirements.
- Strong customer service skills.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- G1000 experience is preferred.
- 141 experience is preferred
- Check instructor experience is preferred
- Must be able to pass an initial and on-going drug and alcohol testing program.
- Must pass a Federal Background check.”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: LIFT Academy
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3579 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.