Skyborne Airline Academy is looking for UK CAA Chief Flight Instructor
This new vacancy has been created following the recent announcement that UK-based Skyborne Aviation Group has acquired its first pilot training base in the United States in Vero Beach, Florida.
The Chief Flying Instructor is responsible for the UK CAA approved flying operations of Skyborne Airline Academy, Vero Beach. This new location will serve as a fair-weather base for the Skyborne UK CAA Integrated ATPL programme, as well as US FAA Part 141 approved training.
- Must hold a CPL, IR, ME, FI, CRI and IRI. This could be issued by the UK CAA or EASA.
- 1,000 hours of flight time as pilot-in-command (PIC).
- At least 500 of those hours should be on flying instructional duties related to the flying courses provided, of which 200 hours may be instrument ground time.
- Ideally hold UK CAA Flight Examiner privileges.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels.
- Demonstrable record of leadership in a flight training management role.
- Extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilot’s license.
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly.
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
- Ideally have the right to work in the USA, although some visa support is potentially available.
For more information, check out Skyborne Careers.
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3649 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.