UK Flight School is Looking for a Centre Manager for its New Flight School Base in Spain
Well known Oxford, United Kingdom based Flight School Leading Edge Aviation is looking to hire a Centre Manager for its new Alhama Campus in Spain. Please see an extract of the job post below.
The Alhama Campus Centre Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations at Leading Edge Aviation’s Fair Weather Base (FWB). They will assume responsibility for resources, budget and operations of the FWB in the most cost-efficient way while delivering safe and high-quality flight training in line with the business values, mirroring the customer experience delivered in the UK operation.
The FWB Centre Manager will maintain overall responsibility for all personnel at the Alhama Campus their departments and activities.
- In conjunction with the FWB Chief Flight Instructor (CFI):
- Plan the daily flying programmes to ensure maximum aircraft and Instructor utilisation is achieved and that students are scheduled in accordance with the FCOM Flight Time Limitations.
- Oversee delivery of the scheduled flying programme, ensuring that delivery is maintained despite the usual disruption to the plan (such as student sickness, aircraft unserviceabilities etc.)
- In conjunction with the approved aircraft maintenance provider:
- Plan, coordinate and monitor scheduled maintenance requirements to ensure minimum disruption to the flying programme.
- Coordinate engineering support to resolve unscheduled maintenance, primarily to cope with aircraft defects.
- Maintain a record of aircraft serviceability to include planned and unscheduled maintenance.
- Ensure that aircraft tech logs are kept up to date and shared daily with the CAM.
- Ensure aircraft are:
- Refuelled when required in line with LEAL procedures.
- Kept clean with canopies kept clear to ensure safe operations (lookout).
- Manage the operations team to ensure training needs are met
- Booking into other airfields, filing flight plans, updating the schedule.
- Providing a service to Instructors and students.
- Drive and improve efficiency in all areas of the FWB, balancing productivity, quality and safety in the best possible way.
- Ensure FWB compliance with all applicable aviation and local regulations, customer contracts and internal Leading Edge Aviation policies and procedures.
- Deliver regularly updated management information and metrics to the Board of Directors, via the Chief Operations Officer to enable fact-based decision making.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the UK-based Head of Training to report on student progress.
- Ensure efficient and high-quality Training delivery in line with the business expectations and Leading Edge Aviation standards.
- Coordinate any external training required with a suitable provider.
- Seek new methods to improve the FWB operation and overall quality of training.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the LEAL Safety Management System and Quality System and for the integration of safe behaviour and quality management in everyday operations.
- Requiring regular liaison with the LEAL SCM.
- Support and lead any FWB audit activities, internal or external.
- Responsible for ensuring the FWB Emergency Response Plan remains up to date and reflects local operating practices.
- ‘Leading by example’ by behaving as an exemplary role model to employees and students promoting professional, disciplined and safe behaviour.
Supported by the UK-based Customer Experience Manager, the FWB Centre Manager will:
- To create and maintain a professional and welcoming front of house experience.
- To take responsibility for handling and resolving where possible, all student issues in line with our internal procedures.
- To ensure students maintain the appropriate documentation to train at the FWB, supporting the Visa process, where appropriate.
- To coordinate and attend student welcomes and student departure briefings.
- To act as the first point of contact for all accommodation related queries, referring issues to the relevant department.
- To ensure all students the support necessary to be successful, working with key stakeholders to address any concerns.
- To support the Head of Training in achieving excellent standards of student Cadet behaviour, highlighting and addressing issues where necessary, in line with our policies.
- Operational experience
- Sound knowledge of national and international aviation regulations and the effect on day-to-day operational requirements.
- Excellent IT and systems skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a positive and enthusiastic outlook.
- A Can-do attitude with the willingness to go the extra mile for the customer.
- Ability to analyse and decide a course of action in a timely manner.
- A pro-active manner, looking to resolve issues within approved boundaries, working with HoT/CFI to identify solutions to the usual flying training issues that occur – weather, aircraft serviceability, pilot availability, etc.
- A flexible approach to working hours.”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: Leading Edge Aviation
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3642 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.