UK’s Military Flying Training Services Provider, Ascent Flight Training, is Hiring BFT Qualified Flying Instructor
Ascent Flight Training is an established, yet growing aerospace and training company which operates across the UK, delivering flying training services to the UK Government. As a Qualified Flying Instructor on the Basic Flying Training (BFT) Squadron at RAF Valley you will part of a small niche team delivering world class flying training to Military and Ascent aircrew on the Texan TMk1.
- Instruct relevant aspects of the BFT syllabus to high instructional standards.
- The majority of the role focuses on delivering airborne instruction but it may also include the delivery of phase briefs, technical lessons, practical demonstrations and synthetic events.
- Conduct other tasks related to Texan TMk1 training as directed.
- Assist Curriculum Design as Texan TMk1 Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development and maintenance of BFT courseware.
- Have the opportunity to take part in innovation work for the future of UK MFTS.
What will make you successful?
- You will have previous experience as a Qualified Flying Instructor pilot in the military environment. Qualifications and/or recommendations from the RAF Central Flying School will be essential.
- Previous experience in a ‘Basic Flying Training’ role on a turbo-prop airframe would be extremely advantageous.
- Above all else you will thrive when instructing students and helping them to strive for success.
- You should already be an excellent communicator and you will be accustomed to working with different levels of ability so that you can nurture the full spectrum of students. You will be working in an environment which is heavily customer focused, ensuring the company provides a first class service at all times.
And you will also:
- Have experience of multi-facetted flying disciplines, combining leadership and airmanship to provide a positive learning environment.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working in collaboration with other teams.
- Have strong presentational skills, targeting a wide audience of varying abilities.
- Be able to develop and update courseware with emerging ‘best practise’ and updates as required.
- Fully engage with the RAF Safety Culture.
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: Ascent Flight Training (shown as meta image)
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.