US Airline Offering Unique Pilot Intern Position
US Airline Group Alaska Airlines and its regional airline subsidiary Horizon Air have opened the recruitment application for its unique ‘Pilot Intern Position’ for pilots who are working towards a Bachelor Degree in Professional Aviation or a related field, with a focus on becoming a pilot. Please see an extract from the job post below.
“Interns at Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are embedded within their teams and work on visible projects that directly impact our guests and the business. When not working, we invite our interns to take advantage of our unlimited complimentary space-available travel on Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air – lunch in San Diego? Weekend in Portland? Maui? Phoenix? Done!
Role Specific Details
This internship will take place onsite in Seattle, WA beginning in January 2023. The internship is designed for a commitment of 40 hours per week for the duration of the 12-week program.
Become part of a dynamic environment that offers a hands-on internship experience. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic students to contribute toward key projects that support our business, community and cultural growth. Experience a work environment that thrives on innovation, collaboration and partnership.
- Support Flight Operations department as assigned, including:
- Assist Chief Pilot Office with tasks and projects
- Assist with training department curriculum and instructional presentations
- Assist with delay meetings and reports
- Assist technical pilots with test flights
- Participate in simulator flying or observation and special projects.
- Assist with engineering projects related to weight and balance or performance analysis.
- Help coordinate and participate in special demonstration flights of new technology or procedures.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Professional Aviation or a related field, with a focus on becoming a pilot.
- Private Pilot license with 50 hours minimum flight time.
- Familiarity with pilot carts (Jeppesen charts).
- This internship is open to current undergraduate students who are graduating between May 2023 and June 2024.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company, location, number of regularly scheduled hours worked, length of employment, and employment status.
- Travel privileges on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
- Travel benefits begin on day one
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
*Please note the AFM Team is currently deploying resources to share pilot training industry vacancies to help individuals find work and organization fill roles in order to ramp up operations. You can find all vacancies here and can subscribe to our weekly pilot training industry update to stay up to date with the latest developments, trends and opportunities here.*
Photo Credit: Alaska Airlines
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2920 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.