US Airline, United Airlines, is Looking for an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor for its Flight School
United Airlines is currently looking for an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor for its flight school United Aviate Academy (UAA). Please see an extract of the job post below.
An experienced manager and flight instructor with excellent people skills. Will assist the Chief Flight Instructor in leading a team of flight instructors and coordinating with the FAA, external pilot examiners, and the Chief of Standards in approving and executing our flight training program. The Assistant Chief Flight Instructor will help ensure that all training is conducted in compliance with the approved TCO’s and with all regulations and policies. The Assistant Chief Flight Instructor will assist in the initial training and recurrent standardization of all instructor pilots.
- Manage and oversee Flight Instructors as designated by the Chief Flight Instructor, including monitoring of KPIs, attendance and performance.
- Assists in ensuring that the company is in compliance with the local, state, and federal regulatory requirements regarding delivery of flight training.
- Responsible for promoting flight safety throughout the company, supported by the Chief of Standards, and Director, Safety and Compliance.
- Proactively identify areas for continuous improvement, looking for ways we can help support our students’ needs thriving for excellence on a day-to-day basis while working in partnership with Standards, Safety, Operations, Academy Services, and others, as necessary.
- Provides ongoing coaching, mentoring, and leadership to instructors.
- Supports the Chief Flight Instructor in liaising with the FAA and ensuring compliance with regulations and United’s standards.
- Coordinate all courses, devices, aircraft, and employee approvals.
- Monitors key metrics to ensure instructor quality and efficiency.
- Attending management and organizational meetings; ensuring two-way communication and alignment throughout the functional areas of the business.
- Assist management with Ad-Hoc value-add projects.
- Acting as an Instructor and/or Examiner, when required dependent upon availability.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- 4+ years’ experience as a flight instructor.
- 2+ years’ experience as a check airman, Assistant Chief, or Chief Flight Instructor role.
- 3+ years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Meets all 141 Assistant Chief Pilot qualifications for Private, Instrument, and Commercial courses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point, including advanced Excel skills. Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, PowerBI and other related systems experience a plus.
- Extensive understanding of 14 CFR, FSIMS 8900, and other regulations pertaining to aviation.
- Bachelor’s degree Preferred (i.e., Aviation, or Business Administration)
- Gold Seal CFI, Master CFI or equivalent certifications Preferred
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors
- Excellent listening, oral and written communications skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, and aviation scheduling systems.
- Knowledge of Aviation regulations, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Knowledge of United Airlines policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items.
- Courage to make key decisions and advise leadership with professionalism and poise.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- Strong ability to use data and analytics; determine key decisions and identify actions for best results.
- Build strong partnerships across the business areas, operations, standards, safety, student services, and United Airlines.
- Commitment to the company culture as a subsidiary of United Airlines and valuing the Core4.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational skills, valuing compliance and ethical behavior, governance and controls, and adhering to company and financial policies.”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: United Aviate Academy
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3661 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.