US College is Looking to Expand Flight Training Team Including Hiring Chief Flight Instructor
Arizona, United States based Cochise College is looking to hire a Chief Flight Instructor as well is Flight Instructors. Please see an extract from the job post below.
The Instructor of Professional Flight is responsible for flight and ground instruction in various courses ranging from Private Pilot through Certified Flight Instructor. Full time aviation faculty members are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality instruction for a diverse student population and performing instructional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies and procedures of the college and the Aviation Department.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities: Within the scope of college policies and procedures, this position:
- Teaches assigned Professional Flight related courses and associated labs in accordance with the college’s workload policy; maintains written instructional standards; facilitates instruction using alternative delivery methods as needed; informs students in writing of instructional standards; posts and maintains office hours; participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes; establishes, maintains and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner;
- Develops new courses, curriculum, instructional materials, and evaluation tools; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, laboratories and course procedure sheets for Professional Flight courses; assists with curriculum updates;
- Applies and maintains standards of quality operating methods, processes, systems, and procedures; implements changes as necessary to maintain a successful Professional Flight Instruction program; integrates knowledge of industry trends and professional training to continuously improve program quality
- Participates in Professional Flight Instruction course scheduling, department, division and college meetings; serves on college committees as assigned; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education And Experience Requirements
- Current certified Flight Instructor Airplane – Single and Multi-Engine with Instrument
- Current FAA 1st or 2nd Class Medical
- Current Flight Review
- Recent (within 6 months) flight experience
- Three years’ flight instruction experience
- Preference may be given to individuals with an Associates’ degree in a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education
- Preference may be given to individuals with prior flight instructing experience in a 14CFR Part 141 flight school
To learn more and to apply, click here.”
*Please note the AFM Team is currently deploying resources to share pilot training industry vacancies to help individuals find work and organization fill roles in order to ramp up operations. You can find all vacancies here and can subscribe to our weekly pilot training industry update to stay up to date with the latest developments, trends and opportunities here.*
Photo Credit: Cochise College
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2897 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.