US Senate Discussing Pilot Shortage And Potential Solutions
The US Pilot Shortage is now being discussed almost weekly at the highest levels of US Government – with the latest announcements being:
- The current US administration is moving ahead with a grant funding program ($5 million in Aviation Workforce Development Grants) with the aim to boost the supply of pilots.
- US Transportation Secretary recognizes that more needs to be done to strengthen the aviation workforce and that the Department of Transportation intends to act to help alleviate the shortage.
- FAA funding is being aligned to increase the supply of pilots
- Another initiative in Washington to boost the pilot supply is to expand federal financial air rules to cover living and other costs for pilot trainees.
- Meanwhile Regional Airlines are said to be exploring a “training credit program” that new pilots could apply to meet the 1,500 hour requirement to join an airline.
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2058 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK