US Simulator Training Center Looking to Hire a Simulator Technician for A320 and B737
AeroStar Training Services, a Pilot Training Group including Simulator Training Center, is looking for a A320 and B737 Simulator Technician “Level 2-3”. Please see an extract of the job post below.
*Please note the AFM Team is currently deploying resources to share pilot training industry vacancies to help individuals find work and organization fill roles in order to ramp up operations. You can find all vacancies here and can subscribe to our weekly pilot training industry update to stay up to date with the latest developments, trends and opportunities here.*
“The hire who will apply advanced knowledge and experience to solve unusually complex or system problems on simulators and other hardware; those that typically are not able to be solved solely by reference to maintenance manuals or similar documents. At this level, Simulator Maintenance Technician Lead has demonstrated the ability to solve a variety of complex simulator and or aircraft system problems. The incumbent will provide technical guidance, supervision, and instruction to subcontractor simulator technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies advanced knowledge and experience to solve unusually complex or system problems; those that typically are not able to be solved solely by reference to maintenance manuals or similar documents.
- Receives limited technical guidance, as required, from supervisors and work is reviewed for specific compliance with accepted practices and work assignments.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to less proficient technicians including subcontractors.
- Provides supervision and instruction to subcontractors as appropriate.
- Interprets and works with computer systems utilizing various and multiple operating systems.
- Conduct quality control inspections and inspect maintenance work performed.
- Maintains required documentation of maintenance activities.
- Monitors and tracks the repair status of inoperative equipment and documents maintenance activities utilizing the logistics management data base system. Documenting maintenance activities includes but is not limited to work order generation and updates, repair action documentation, issuing, returning, and adjusting inventory, ensuring inventory records are up to date and accurate, and other material control duties as assigned.
- Diagnoses malfunctions of computers and associated equipment and performs operability/readiness tests and repair.
- Performs systems interface/fault isolation.
- Applies fundamental troubleshooting procedures in the maintenance of interfaces and peripheral equipment used with computers.
- Interprets mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic schematics and drawings and makes simplified versions.
- Conducts voice communications on phone, inter-phone and radio circuits.
- Provides networking and information systems support on training devices and networks.
- Recommends changes based on knowledge and past experience.
- Uses knowledge of simulator and aircraft systems to interpret advanced technical data.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Position requires a Technical College Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4-5 + years of related experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and operation of full flight simulators or an equivalent combination of technical education related to electronics, electromechanical, computer, aviation or simulation technology and/or hands-on related work experience in the maintenance and operation of full flight simulators
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to work independently and direct subordinates
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex word and technical documents/diagrams
- Math skills necessary to complete the required tasks
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including technical writing and presentation skills”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2920 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.