US University is Looking for a Chief Flight Instructor
Riverside, California based California Baptist University’s Department of Aviation Science is looking for a Chief Flight Instructor. Please see an extract from the job post below.
To serve as Chief Flight Instructor for CBU part 141 pilot school with administrative support, oversee dispatch, conduct stage checks, provide flight instruction, address student and flight instructor issues, oversee weekly and daily flight scheduling by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Chief Flight Instructor for CBU FAA Part 141 Pilot School must meet all regulatory requirements listed in FAR 141.35 including being immediately available at all times flight training is occurring.
- Oversee the weekly and daily flight training schedule.
- 3. Assist Director of Flight Operations in preparation of the budget, fleet plan, and semester master schedule.
- Oversee and conduct Flight Instructor and stage check instructor standardization and recurrent training as needed.
- Develop, implement, and maintain flight operations policies and procedures, exams, and standardization procedures.
- Provide support to the Safety Officer in the development, maintenance, and revision of safety procedures, FOPs, and FIFs.
- Maintain all training documents, manuals, coursework, and operations materials to ensure they meet the requirements of the department and any outside governing agencies.
- Communicate with FAA regarding any changes to 141 training and operations as needed.
- Analyze and interpret FARS, technical manuals, and manufacturers’ publications.
- Conduct stage checks, evaluations, and mentor flights per flight lab syllabi.
- Conduct progress check meetings with students as needed to keep students on track with training.
- Manage Talon, flight instructor/student records, and provide progress reports.
- Assist Director of Flight Operations in communicating policies, procedures, and standards to students and staff.
- Audit records and recommends curriculum updates of the aviation flight program.
- Perform any administrative responsibility requested by the Director of Flight Operations.
- Track flight lab attendance through InsideCBU
- Produce weekly products such as flight training progress, aircraft and simulator utilization rate, and maintenance inspection flow.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring as the first interviewer for all new flight instructors.
- Act as a mentor to flight instructors and monitor student progression.
- Oversee Dispatch and associated operations.
- Communicate with Jeppesen and Talon Systems as needed for technical solutions
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills And Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to represent the Department of Aviation in a positive manner to others.
- Ability to model professionalism and integrity and provide strong leadership to the flight line.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret FARs, technical manuals, and manufacturer publications.
- Skill and knowledge of conducting airplane stage checks and flight instruction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Ability to investigate, analyze information, draw conclusions, and prepare reports.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments appropriately.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions, and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions that are written, oral, or in a diagram format.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Thorough knowledge of Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures, and practices.
Education And/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be an active flight instructor, possessing the CFII and MEI. Must have previous experience as a Part 141 Check Instructor including management responsibilities. Preferred previous experience as Part 141 Chief or Assistant Chief.”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
*Please note the AFM Team is currently deploying resources to share pilot training industry vacancies to help individuals find work and organization fill roles in order to ramp up operations. You can find all vacancies here and can subscribe to our weekly pilot training industry update to stay up to date with the latest developments, trends and opportunities here.*
Photo Credit: California Baptist University
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 2897 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.