US University, Middle Georgia State University, is Looking to Expand Flight Instruction Team
Popular US Public University Middle Georgia State University headquartered in Macon Georgia, is looking to hire a Flight Instructor. Please see an extract from the job post below.
This is a temporary full time position designed to aid the department with providing flight instructing for full time and continuing education students at the Eastman airport. This position is FAA approved and will represent the school according to FAA standards. This position is in charge of managing and scheduling their student’s flight lessons and handling their recommendations for FAA practical test. The position reports to an assistant chief flight instructor.
- Provides flight instruction to aviation students.
- Provides assistance to faculty, aviation staff and students within the flight department which includes scheduling, documentation, etc.
- Aids in handling aircraft positioning on ramp.
- Responsible for keeping students’ progress in a standardized training record.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support campus operations.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent CFII certificate with current 2nd class medical.
- MEI preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with completion of at least two years of experience.
- Knowledge of university and school policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of admission, registration and degree program requirements
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of computer and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Skill in decision-making and problem solving.Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in prioritizing and organization of workload.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment, scanner, fax machine and copier.
- Attention to detail involving FAA regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
About Middle Georgia State University
Middle Georgia State University (MGA), a multi-campus, baccalaureate and graduate degree granting public institution, is the most affordable public state university in Georgia. MGA has five campuses—Macon, Cochran, Dublin, Eastman, and Warner Robins, all located in central Georgia—and global outreach through its fully-online campus. Its enrollment of 8,000 students is largely comprised of students from most of Georgia’s 159 counties. The University has six academic schools, including Georgia’s flagship aviation university, that support its mission to educate and graduate inspired, lifelong learners whose scholarship and careers enhance the region through professional leadership, innovative partnerships and community engagement.
Photo Credit: Middle Georgia State University
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3642 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.