Major US Airline is Seeking Manager for its Aviation Program Development
American Airlines is currently seeking a Manager for its Aviation Program Development. Please see an extract from the job post below.
“This role is a critical leader in the growing Aviation Recruiting team within the People Division. This organization is responsible for hiring the airline’s core aviation roles (ex. pilots) and establishing world-class aviation programs that expose youth to the possibilities of these career paths. This position will be directly responsible for leading and evolving the business relationships supporting our flight recruitment and training programs, designed to develop and support individuals on the journey to become a pilot. This position also supports the broader recruitment team with a range of activities to attract the best talent to the company.
What You’ll Do
- Ensures American Airline’s success in increasing the pilot supply pool, diversity within that pool, and directing those pilots to American Airlines Group (AAG)
- Manages established business relationships to support overall program health and success while developing strategies to accelerate growth and improvement to participant experience
- Coordinate program partners and key American Airlines stakeholders in all contractual matters, including business inputs, drafting agreements, and compliance
- Creates and implements processes to measure program partnership ROI
- Develops and advances long term relationships with external partners supporting pilot recruitment programs such as flight schools, universities, and financial institutions
- Sources new employment opportunities for nascent pilots throughout their journey to become an airlines pilot
- Acts as a visionary – a problem solver – crafting solutions by collaboration with team members to enhance the success of program participants and pilot throughput
- Ensures AA funds and investments are properly used and allocated
- Remains in creation mode of the “new” while simultaneously assessing the complexities of the “existing”
- Works closely with Legal, Corporate Communications, and all relevant American stakeholders to ensure compliance and brand integrity is maintained consistently among program partnerships
Minimum Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business development field or 5 years of equivalent years of aviation-industry experience in a leadership role
- Knowledge and understanding of the aviation training industry and demand for critical aviation roles
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Exceptional presentation skills to all levels of leadership
Preferred Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Experience
- Leadership and project management experience
- Flight school management or flight instruction experience
- FAA Pilot Certificate
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Skills and ability to manage a large database of applicants, assess online applications, schedule, oversee, and conduct interviews
- Ability to track and report data, as well as communicate effectively with program participants and partners
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information”
To learn more about the job and to apply, click here.
Photo Credit: American Airlines
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3642 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.