Brazil-based global aircraft manufacturer Embraer, the third largest commercial jet manufacturer, shared its perspectives for 2024.
- 64 commercial aircraft deliveries for 2023
- This is one unit short of its planned 65 to 70 target but it’s still 12% more than 2022
- Goal is to return to around 90 annual deliveries which we achieved in 2018 and 2019
- 2023 revenue was nearly the same as 2019, it is still only at 70% of pre-pandemic output
- Working with suppliers to grow this year’s output target by double digits
- “One sticking point is the pilot shortage. Fewer available pilots favours interest in bigger narrowbodies, and that creates a gap between those aircraft and the regional fleet. There have been a few soft years but the shortage seems to be resolving itself. That implies that we’ll see more demand for smaller narrowbodies which should fill in that gap. In the meantime, orders for the E175 in the USA remain strong since there isn’t movement on pilot scope clauses.”
Photo Credit: Embraer