US Cargo Airline, Atlas Air, is Looking to Expand Flight Instructor Team
Miami, Florida, US based Atlas Air is looking for Flight Training Instructors who shall provide training to flight crewmembers at the direction of the respective Fleet Captain. Please see an extract of the job post below.
“Flight Training Instructors will conduct classroom instruction, simulator instruction, or both, depending on individual qualifications and at the direction of the Fleet Captain.
- Responsible for conducting training for flight crewmembers in accordance with the Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM) as directed by the respective Fleet Captain.
- Provide fixed base instruction, full motion flight simulation instruction, and/or classroom instruction, as directed by the Fleet Captain for flight crewmembers initial, recurrent, upgrade and/or differences training in ground school, fixed based and/or full flight simulators.
- Completes appropriate flight crewmember training records and other flight training documentation in a timely manner and directs to the appropriate filing source.
- Proactively ensures training environment and equipment are set-up and running in preparation for instruction (i.e. presentation media is operating correctly and required reference materials and distributed materials are available).
- Ensure technical accuracy of departmental and training manuals, including aircraft systems manuals, flight handbooks, performance manuals, checklists, flight operations manuals and operations specifications.
- Contribute to the development of training programs, visual aids and other training materials for classroom presentation and individual review.
- Communicates issues of concern, or exceptional achievement, regarding crewmember performance to the respective Fleet Captain in a timely manner
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and motivation personally, and instills that motivation in the crewmembers
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and understanding in Company Procedures and Policies.
- Additional functions to support crewmember training may also be assigned.
- FAA Air Transport Pilot Certificate required
- Prior Airline experience preferred
- Excellent teaching skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong organizational skills expected
- Excellent computer operation knowledge and skills expected
- High energy individual with multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.”
To learn more about the job and to apply click here.
Photo Credit: Atlas Air
You may also check our Terms and Conditions for our Content Policy.
Check out the more than 3598 relevant pilot training industry updates here.BACK
Pilot Training Industry Market Intelligence straight to your Inbox!
Subscribe to AFM’s Newsletter and stay up to date with what is happening in the Pilot Training Industry.